If you’re running an e-commerce store on Shopify and want to optimize your Facebook advertising efforts, adding Facebook Pixel to your website is essential. Facebook Pixel allows you to track user interactions, measure conversions, and create more targeted ads. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to add Facebook Pixel to your Shopify store:
Step 1: Create a Facebook Pixel
- Log into Facebook: Go to your Facebook Ads Manager account by visiting https://www.facebook.com/ads/manager.
- Access Events Manager: Click on the ‘More Tools’ option in the top left corner, then select ‘Events Manager’ from the drop-down menu.
- Create a Pixel: In Events Manager, click on ‘Connect Data Sources,’ then select ‘Web.’ Choose ‘Facebook Pixel’ and click ‘Get Started.’
- Name Your Pixel: Give your pixel a name and enter your website’s URL. Click ‘Continue.’
- Install Pixel Code Manually: Choose the ‘Manually Install the Code Yourself’ option.
Step 2: Copy Your Facebook Pixel Code
- You’ll see a block of code that represents your Facebook Pixel. Click on the code to select it, then copy it (Ctrl+C or Command+C).
Step 3: Add Facebook Pixel to Shopify
- Log into Shopify: Visit shopify.com and log into your Shopify account.
- Access Your Online Store Settings: In your Shopify admin, go to ‘Online Store’ and select ‘Preferences.’
- Scroll Down to Facebook Pixel: Under the ‘Facebook Pixel’ section, you’ll find a text box for ‘Facebook Pixel ID.’ This is where you’ll paste your Pixel code.
- Paste Your Pixel Code: Paste the Facebook Pixel code you copied from Facebook into the ‘Facebook Pixel ID’ text box.
- Save Changes: Click the ‘Save’ button to save your changes.
Step 4: Verify the Pixel Installation
- After saving your Facebook Pixel code in Shopify, it’s a good practice to verify if it’s working correctly.
- Go back to your Facebook Events Manager and click ‘Continue.’
- Click on ‘Open Test Events.’
- Visit your Shopify store (make sure you’re not logged in as an admin), and perform actions such as viewing a product, adding an item to the cart, and making a purchase.
- Return to Facebook Events Manager. You should see the events you triggered listed under ‘Test Events.’ This indicates that your Facebook Pixel is tracking properly.
Step 5: Set Up Standard Events (Optional)
- If you want to track specific events like ‘View Content,’ ‘Add to Cart,’ or ‘Purchase,’ you can set up standard events in Facebook Events Manager. These events provide more detailed insights into your users’ actions on your website.
- To set up standard events, go to Events Manager, select your pixel, and navigate to ‘Aggregated Event Measurement.’ Here, you can configure standard events.
By following these steps, you’ll successfully add Facebook Pixel to your Shopify store, allowing you to track user behavior, optimize your ads, and improve your e-commerce business’s performance on Facebook.FREE TRIAL ON SHOPIFY! Share this post!
Daniel Eriksson works as a full-time blogger and affiliate marketer. Learn how to scale your impact at startup speed with Daniel and 500,000 monthly readers on GrowthByDaniel.com. Daniel formerly managed digital marketing teams for startups and e-commerce businesses.